Dynamic volume and sporty silhouette – the GENESIS GV80, as the first luxury SUV of Genesis, delivers bold and progressive design.
The GV80 uses the sixth-generation Genesis UX. A four-year-old brand with a sixth-generation interface speaks to how rapidly technology unique identity of Genesis by combining dynamic tension and elegant beauty at the optimum. G-Matrix Crest Grille and Quad Lamps embody the unique design language of Genesis and the front profile of the GV80 demands attention with a prominent presence.
The Genesis GV80 is a mid-size luxury crossover SUV manufactured by Korean luxury automaker Genesis, a subsidiary of Hyundai, is available with three power trains: a turbocharged 2.5-liter unit with 300 horsepower, a turbocharged 3.5-liter unit with 375 hp (380 PS; 280 kW), and a turbocharged 3.0-liter diesel with 274 hp (278 PS; 204 kW) horsepower, which will only be available in select markets.
It features a navigation-based smart cruise control (ASCC), remote smart parking assist, an NFC digital key, an around view monitor (AVM), 22-inch wheels, Nappa leather seating, a 14.5-inch touchscreen infotainment display with the 21-speakers Lexicon audio system, electric side curtains, and driver-controlled second and third row seating.
The safety system includes ten airbags, forward collision-avoidance assist, reverse parking collision-avoidance assist, driver attention warning, blind-spot collision-avoidance assist, automatic high beam assist, and lane keep assist (LKAS).
Genesis calls its latest design language “Athletic Elegance,” a name that couldn’t be more appropriate. The company has embarked on an aggressive strategy to win the luxury market design contest and the 2021 GV80 is no exception. Perhaps its most noticeable feature is the large signature crest front grille. On either side are quad lamps featuring “sophisticated lighting technology.” Look closely and you’ll see a G-Matrix pattern that appears in light fixtures throughout the exterior. Genesis claims this was inspired by orchids seen when diamonds are illuminated by light. This design can also be seen on the optional 22-inch wheels (19-inch wheels are standard).
The rest of the SUV’s body is enhanced with hot-stamped, high-strength steel, while lightweight aluminum is the material of choice for the doors, hood, and tailgate. Why does the GV80 look this good? Because Luc Donckerwolke, whose past work includes the Lamborghini Murcielago and Bentley Flying Spur, now serves as Chief Designer Officer of the Hyundai Motor Group.
- Full LED headlamp, LED turn signal lamp, LED Daytime Running Light, Full LED rear combination lamp, 19-inch wheels with Pirelli tires (265/55R19), Double-glazed soundproof glass (front glass), Solar front glass, Outside mirror (puddle lamp with logo, heating, auto-unfolding), Roof rack, Bumper-integrated dual exhaust tips (2.5T, 3.5T only)
- 8-inch TFT LCD cluster, Shift-By-Wire, Genesis Touch Controller, Paddle shifters, Hi-pass system, Frameless ECM rear view mirror, Black high glossy interior trim, Touch-type air conditioning panel, Ambient mood lighting, Front seat LED foot lamp.
- 10 airbag system (advanced airbags for the driver and front passenger, driver’s knee airbag, front and rear side airbags, front center side airbag, and rollover-resistant curtain airbags), Electronic Stability Control, Hill start assist control, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Emergency Stop Signal, 3-point center seat belt for rear seat, Child seat fastening system, Highway Driving Assist, Smart Cruise Control (w/ S&G), Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control (Zone, Curve), Lane Following Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, Vibration warning steering wheel, High Beam Assist, Driver Attention Warning, Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (Car, Pedestrian, Cyclist, Junction Turning), Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist, Rear Guide lamp, Safe Exit Assist, Rear Occupant Alert.
- Wireless phone charger for the front seat, Proximity key with push-button start, Genesis digital key, Touch-type outside door handles, Power Child lock, Rain sensor, Heated and power-adjustable steering wheel, Independent full automatic air conditioning (including dual vent for the front seats, rear vent control from the front, auto defog system, air cleaning mode, air intake control), Genesis Air Purification System, Rear View Monitor (with parking guide), Electronic Parking Brake (with auto hold), Power safety windows (Front/Rear seat), Forward/Reverse Parking Distance Warning, Smart power tailgate, Rear manual side curtains, Emergency tire kit.
- Natural leather seat, Power-adjustable driver’s seat (12 way, with lumbar support), Power-adjustable front passenger seat (12 way, with lumbar support), Walk-in device for the front seat, Integrated Memory System (with Smart Seat Posture), Ventilated & Heated front seat, Heated rear seat, 2nd row 4:2:4 one-touch folding, 2nd row manual sliding and reclining.
- Genesis infotainment system (14.5-inch display, Genesis Connected Services, Phone connectivity, Bluetooth hands-free, Genesis car pay, Valet Mode), Over The Air Update, 9 Speakers, Front & Rear USB port.
Genesis GV80 The 2021 Genesis GV80 luxury SUV has a starting price of $49,925 and a fully loaded price of $72,375.
MSRP: From US$50,000
Fuel economy: 11-12 L/100 km combined (11-13 city, 9.5-10 highway)
Towing capacity: 2,722 kg
Horsepower: 300 to 375 hp
Seating capacity: 5, 7
Engine: 2.5 L 4-cylinder, 3.5 L V6
Research to Action © 2020 Time Network (Canada)